Office movers are trained to quickly and safely move business furniture, equipment, and sensitive files. Moving exposes valuable equipment to loss and damage, but a professional commercial moving company helps you organize, plan, and execute your office move while limiting your risks. Great Guys Moving enables you to find movers near you that specialize in office relocations. Whether you’re relocating to another floor in the same building or moving your business out-of-state, these top-tier logistics experts can make your business’ transition a smooth one.
The Office Moving Process
Typically, companies appoint a manager to oversee the moving project. This leader assumes command of all issues related to the office relocation efforts. A moving coordinator from the moving company works directly with this manager to arrange the details of the move.
In most cases a standard office moving procedure works well:
- Quote: Once you contact Great Guys, we’ll put you in touch with local moving companies who can service your move. These office moving specialists typically provide a moving coordinator to discuss your needs and provide an estimate for services.
- Walkthrough: After the initial phone call or email exchange, the moving coordinator will contact your point person to schedule a walkthrough. During this walkthrough, the coordinator visually inspects both locations with the manager from your office. The coordinator makes a note of any unique challenges that may arise during the relocation and ensures everyone understands any specific needs. For example, the coordinator will jot down details about freight elevator availability and usage restrictions, the desired floor plan, and timeline for the move. Together, you’ll make sure the logistics are ironed out to help minimize the disruption to your daily course of business.
- Packing: Either employees or movers break down and pack up workstations and equipment. Most companies prefer employees pack the contents of their desks and ask the movers to drop off pre-labeled crates or boxes at each cubicle or office for employees to use. Employees pack these a day or two before the move; then the moving company transfers the crate to the assigned desk at the new office. On the day of the move, the movers will begin preparing and packing all furniture, cubicles, desks, and other office equipment. Some commercial movers even have a crew dedicated to packing your electronics, computers and IT systems.
- Labeling: Movers tag boxes and furniture with labels that correspond to areas on the new office floor plan. This system allows for organization and easy sorting and set-up at the destination.
- Moving: The movers physically haul your boxes, furniture, and equipment to your new office using state-of-the-art moving equipment. Most office movers will arrange to move things after business hours – either overnight or over the weekend – to keep disruptions to a minimum.
- Unpacking: From rebuilding cubicles to setting out boxes at each employee’s desk, movers handle the setup to get your employees back to work as soon as possible. Specialized moving crews may even help get the phone lines and IT infrastructure back up and running.
Timing is critical to minimize the interruption to your business. Ideally, you should begin working with a moving company at least six months in advance. In most cases, its necessary to relocate high priority departments first. Your IT department and manager office should arrive ahead of the rest of your staff.
Moving Services For Your Business
The size of your organization and type of business determines the level of commercial moving services you might require.
If you are relocating to a bigger, better or more affordable office, movers might complete a simple cross-town job in as little as a day depending on your circumstances.
Long Distance Relocation
Are you moving corporate headquarters to another state? A long distance move requires more time and coordination between your business units. It’s often necessary to break the project down into smaller stages.
Furniture And Equipment
Movers have the tools and experience to disassemble your business furniture, partitions, and file storage systems. It’s safer to transport these items in pieces and reassemble them at the new location.
Packing And Unpacking
Depending on the level of service you select, employees may need to pack their workspaces in provided boxes. With a full-service moving plan, the movers will pack work areas, and your staff does not devote company time to the move.
Computer Equipment And Electronics
Your Information Technology and computer systems are sophisticated and essential to operations. Movers work with your IT staff to organize and install your equipment in your new location.
Recycling And Data Destruction
An office move generates waste and excess files cost money to move. Many companies take the opportunity to dispose of outdated documents. Data destruction services ensure your sensitive information does not fall into the wrong hands.
If you’re moving to a smaller office, you might need temporary storage while sorting out your business. Make sure the storage is secure, and your equipment, inventory, and files remain accessible.
Professional Commercial Moving Companies
A properly executed office move limits the impact on your business. Your staff might lend a hand, but professional movers offer superior service and additional benefits:
- Licensed and Insured: Qualified professionals reduce the risk to your business assets.
- Experienced: Experts organize your company’s move in a way that is the least disruptive.
- Outfitted: Movers arrive with the tools, supplies, and vehicles to move your office.
- Setup: Your office gets back up and running as soon as possible.
It’s easy to get started. Simply contact Great Guys (greatguysmoving.com) to find a reputable business moving company near you and request a free quote. Be prepared to discuss your time-frame, locations, and approximate move size. Get started now!